Michelle plays a key role supporting and reporting to the Creative Director, scoping and monitoring client projects and accounts from the outset, whilst dealing directly with clients, project stakeholders, multidisciplinary design teams, external suppliers and sub-contractors to ensure the highest levels of customer satisfaction and quality of output, within the specified constraints of time and cost.
Michelle has over 10 years’ experience in costing & procurement, scheduling, liaising with project boards, external suppliers and sub-contractors, and tracking and reporting project progress Michelle is the administrator for our online project collaboration software, Basecamp, which she uses to communicate regularly with extended members of each project team. Michelle acts as a key point of contact on all projects, ensuring that communication between clients, team members and contractors are consistent and well managed.
Michelle has always played a varied and pivotal role in Tandem since joining the company in 2006. As well as managing the administrative team, Michelle uses her organisational skills and interpersonal skills to ensure that each project meets client expectations and delivers to the required standard of quality, within the specified constraints of time and cost.
In addition to this, Michelle oversees all project procurement, including pre- tender estimates, and manages the production and fit-out process right the way through to handover and completion. Michelle’s attention to detail and fastidious approach ensures our projects are accurately tendered as demonstrated on the King John’s Castle project where the pre-tender estimate was within 0.14% of the tender submissions for a €3.6million project.
Between June and September 2013, Michelle successfully completed a Part Level 5 (Project Management Fundamentals) course by the Institute of Leadership and Management.
BA Hons (2.1) English Studies
Trinity College Dublin
September 2002 – June 2006
Advanced Diploma in Management Practice
University of Ulster School of Business
June 2009 – June 2010
- Management including pre-tender estimates, procurement of fit-out contractor and interpretation specialists for
- King John’s Castle, Limerick
- Gobbins, Islandmagee
- SS Nomadic & Hamilton Dock (HLF Funding)
- WHS Gateway, Cromford Mills (HLF Funding)
- Derry/Londonderry Guildhall
- Project Management with NMI PM and Co-ordination of Procurement, including writing and assesment of tenders with the National Museum of Ireland for 1916 Proclaiming a Republic
- Planning, Management, Publication, Launch, Marketing & Sales of Tandem-published Hidden History Below Our Feet: The Archaeological Story of Belfast by Ruairí Ó Baoill
- Management of interpretation for Armagh Hill (No.5 Vicars’ Hill, St Patrick’s Cathedral & Crypt)
- Management of Heritage Lottery Fund design & print projects for 12 local & regional offices across the UK and Ireland, including Head Office